I have always been asked my friends about that title where ever and whenever I use it. It sounds just like any other punch line from a Kollywood Movie. So I decided to explain that to everyone cos, am sure many would be wondering about the title whenever they see it.

Any ways, although it might look obvious at first, it is one line which is very difficult to follow especially the second half. Considering everything to be just another part and parcel of life is pretty difficult and would require quite a bit of practice to get used to. One of the main concepts of it is to have a neutral feeling towards everything. If something good happens, that good, at the same time, if something bad happens, that again happens for the good. If u would notice even the way it is writing is with ups and downs in it.

I have been getting used to this concept for quite some time and although I haven’t become good at it, I sure have got the hang of it. And the only reason I realize this is cos I had two profound experiences.

The first was on February, 14th in the third year (2006). I was supposed to go on a date and was driving towards the Anna Nagar (that a place in Chennai). So, when driving my dio on the main road, a car came from my right and took a sudden turn to the left. The back of the car hit me n I was literately sent flying. Now, I know this might sound crazy, I the only thing that at time in my mind was absolutely nothing. I was just admiring the way the road was moving under me. I am kind of finding it a bit difficult to explain, but it just felt like any other day.

The second one was on 22nd April, 2008. My girlfriend of 6 months had broken up with me without informing me. Now I didn’t know that, she had just told me friends to inform about that. But since my final year exams were going on, they didn’t want my concentration to break. Well, it so happened that I met the girl in college, and was trying to talk with her, but she walked off without even bothering to look at my direction. I was surprised with that kind of reaction cos it was something totally unexpected. Then later when I spoke to friend about this, I was informed that she had broken up with me without informing me about it. It was felt more or less like a jigsaw puzzle falling into place. I never felt bad or hurt! My friends were shocked and surprised seeing my reaction (well so was I).

But this is what is realized from these two incidents. If the concept of life is a drama is made clear, then we would leave to take everything in our stride and thankfully no more devdases any more. J .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

For The Inquisitive